Art1st was introduced with a vision to create and develop learning environments that nurture and strengthen imagination, visual literacy, creative skills and cultural awareness of children and educators. The Art1st program was inducted in the curriculum of DPS Agra, in 2016. Through this program, art was taken out from the routine drawing of sceneries or figures and was given an infusion of new energy. Whereby it acquired the ability to become a powerful medium; through which we can understand ourselves and transform the world around us. We believe that everyone is born creative and curious, eager for meaningful experiences. The work done by the students over the span of last 3 years has shown progression and movement towards the vast uncharted and unknown but thoroughly intriguing and exciting world of art. Their work continually promotes the joy and transformative nature of art. The curates show exhibits at the end of every academic year, showcase the work of each child, each work being unique, distinct and special.
The school is encouraging budding writers every year through a special training course being conducted by an eminent professional writer, Mr. Hemant Kumar. Till date three books namely ‘Internal Reflections’, ‘Off the Beaten Path’ and ‘The Golden Rain’ have been published containing the creative expressions of our students.
Clubs get a child involved in a team in school which help them learn how to work with others from an early age, and teach them important social skills. Clubs also help them in school; during the class, to participate in group work so as to develop their team building skills.
Joining clubs and having competitions with peers is a great way to make new friends, build respect and learn team work, gain self-confidence, relieve stress and learn real-world skills.
Students may choose any one of the following Clubs:
1. Health & Wellness Club - Aims at physical and mental well-being
2. Imp@ct Club - Communication and Technology
3. Awareness Club - Includes Current affairs, General Knowledge and Heritage
4. Math-lete Club - Aims at Quantitative skill development
5. Expression Club - Caters to public speaking, communication and creative writing
6. Science & Environment Club - Fosters scientific tenets
7. Dance Club - Provides a platform to the budding dancers
8. Dramatics Club - Helps the students express through various theater forms
9. Vocal Music Club - A club for the nightingales
10. German Language Club - Aims at developing foreign language skills
11. Sanskrit Club - 'संस्कृत संस्कृतिस्तथा'संस्कृति के साथ संस्कृत
12. Art & Craft Club - Aims at tapping the talent of young artists
13. Still Photography Club - For creative clicks
14. Gardening Club - Nurturing Green Fingers
In order to provide more time to our students for co-curricular activities in the school and to help them achieve a certain level of proficiency in the discipline/ activity, the school conducts different competitions on Fridays for students.
To help our students constructively utilize their time during summer vacation, we conduct a summer camp for two weeks. The students of Grades I-VIII can join the Summer Camp for activities like Art and Craft, Swimming, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Dance, Reading and Writing and Games etc.
D.P.S Agra aims at educating children through live experiences. Its curriculum is not confined to books and campus only. The school organizes various educational trips and excursions for the students periodically. In this series the students of different Grades visit various places and gain information.
To teach the children about nature and to encourage the relationship with the outside world, we organize adventure based learning programs for our students. It also helps to explore interdependence and group dynamics.
These Programs are primarily designed for:
• Building Confidence and Self Worth in the students.
• Helping students to challenge their mindsets and fears.
• Building awareness of the basic teamwork and leadership.
• Making students aware of their innate potential and build in "I CAN" and "I WILL" attitude.
• Instilling basic life skills in students.