Stages of Study
The National Education Policy envisions an education system rooted in Indian ethos that contributes directly to transforming India. The Policy envisages that the curriculum and pedagogy of our institutions must develop among the students a deep sense of respect towards the Fundamental Duties and Constitutional values, bonding with one’s country, and a conscious awareness of one’s roles and responsibilities in a changing world. The vision of the Policy is to instill among the learners a deep-rooted pride in being Indian, not only in thought, but also in spirit, intellect, and deeds, as well as to develop knowledge, skills, values, and dispositions that support responsible commitment to human rights, sustainable development and living, and global well-being, thereby reflecting a truly global citizen.
Restructuring school curriculum and pedagogy in a new 5+3+3+4 design
The curricular and pedagogical structure of school education will be reconfigured to make it responsive and relevant to the developmental needs and interests of learners at different stages of their development, corresponding to the age ranges of 3-8, 8-11, 11-14, and 14-18 years, respectively. The curricular and pedagogical structure and the curricular framework for school education will therefore be guided by a 5+3+3+4 design, consisting of the Foundational Stage (in two parts, that is, 3 years of pre-school + 2 years in primary school in Grades 1-2; both together covering ages 3-8), Preparatory Stage (Grades 3-5, covering ages 8-11), Middle Stage (Grades 6-8, covering ages 11-14), and Secondary Stage (Grades 9-12 in two phases, i.e., 9 and 10 in the first and 11 and 12 in the second, covering ages 14-18). Our pedagogy is not confined to the books only, it is based on Project based Learning, Experiential Learning and Concerted learning with the aim to blend consistency and variety in teaching methods to foster the intellectual growth required to achieve academic success. All this is adopted with the aim to help students improve their learning outcomes and achieve their full potential.
Foundational Stage (in two parts, that is, 3 years of pre-school + 2 years in primary school in Grades 1-2; both together covering ages 3-8)
Early Childhood Care and Education ideally consists of flexible, multi-faceted, multi-level, play-based, activity-based, and inquiry-based learning, comprising of alphabets, languages, numbers, counting, colours, shapes, indoor and outdoor play, puzzles and logical thinking, problem-solving, drawing, painting and other visual art, craft, drama and puppetry, music and movement. It also includes a focus on developing social capacities, sensitivity, good behaviour, courtesy, ethics, personal and public cleanliness, teamwork, and cooperation.
There is no contour of knowledge and each student gets an opportunity to participate in group activities and project work. More emphasis is paid on learning by doing along with cognitive approach.
We emphasise on -
• Development based curriculum for learning essential concepts of all the subjects.
• Conducive teaching-learning environment.
• Developing positive attitude, healthy habits and values like dignity, honesty and morality.
• Innovative use of technology that helps to garner and harness the varying potential within each student for which we have smart classrooms equipped with 65” LED screens and Glass Boards.
• Providing 21st century information using modern resources and technology. Combining the traditional library collections and services with up-to-date computer labs and internet-accessible resources.
• Co-scholastic activities that encompass everything from traditional sports such as swimming, skating, lawn tennis, yoga, football, hockey, cricket and athletics to more culturally oriented pursuits like art, dance, drama and music, along with a host of other opportunities through numerous events with 100% participation.
• Having separate play fields for different sports. We have the most modern Jungle Gym and a field equipped with Chess Board.
• Regular assessments to understand and record every student’s learning curve and capabilities; and to provide a way forward for progress.
Preparatory Stage (Grades 3-5, covering ages 8-11)
During this three-year period the student's intellectual, aesthetic, physical and cultural growth and development are intensified and extended to a foundation course, designed to suit students from all educational backgrounds. The school also aims to develop critical thinking, creativity, communication skills and collaboration among the students. With the aim to develop leadership qualities, making students self-reliant and shouldering responsibilities at this level, the school has a junior council for the students of middle section. A smooth transition from childhood to adolescence is facilitated by imparting comprehensive value and need based education
. Middle Stage (Grades 6-8, covering ages 11-14)
The Middle Stage will comprise three years of education, building on the pedagogical and curricular style of the Preparatory Stage, but with the introduction of subject teachers for learning and discussion of the more abstract concepts in each subject that students will be ready for at this stage across the sciences, mathematics, arts, social sciences, and humanities. Experiential learning within each subject, and explorations of relations among different subjects, will be encouraged and emphasized despite the introduction of more specialized subjects and subject teachers.
Secondary Stage (Grades 9-12 in two phases, i.e., 9 and 10 in the first and 11 and 12 in the second, covering ages 14-18)
The Secondary Stage will comprise of four years of multidisciplinary study, building on the subject-oriented pedagogical and curricular style of the Middle Stage, but with greater depth, greater critical thinking, greater attention to life aspirations, and greater flexibility and student choice of subjects.
The school has personalized study strategy to help students plan better and study smarter. Different diagnostic assessments are made by designing different worksheets to bridge the gap in learning and prepare the students to face the All-India Secondary School Curriculum.
This pattern of education is leading to the All-India Secondary School Certificate Examination (AISSCE) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. The school divides its education into three main streams i.e., Science, Commerce and Humanities according to the student’s aptitude and interest. We have four main goals for our students-
1. Performance in Board Exams.
2. Praiseworthy character
3. Pleasing personality
4. Preparing for future The school conducts interactive talks with the intellectuals of different arenas to make its students well aware and acquainted to the domain they want to get into after completing their school and to open up a wide corridor of career opportunities for the students. School also conducts Next Level Classes for the students of grade XII to guide them to get into a good college after school.